Foodie Blogroll Ad Code

Friday, December 17, 2010

Recipe! Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Ganache

Ok, ok...I know the pumpkin season is nearing it's end, but as far as I see it, the world is still good for pumpkin creations until after Christmas...or until the grocery stores run out. So I had to post this recipe, see?

When it comes to baking, I tend to follow recipes pretty exactly. I'm a very intuitive cook, but not being able to check things halfway through makes me a wee bit nervous...so I tend not to create my own recipes for baked goods. With that said, I discovered the cupcake recipe via the magic of Google on the wonderful blog How Sweet It Is. I totally love this blog, and I encourage you to check it out! The ganache though...that's all mine.

These cupcakes are a little more like muffins, truth be told, but the ganache makes them a little unmistakable. I made them for a friend's birthday...my friend isn't very fond of overly sweet things, so these are certainly geared toward a more adult palette. As it stands, the ganache isn't very strong with spice flavor...you could add a bit more to increase the effect, if you so desired!

It's also important not to overbeat the ganache or overcook the cupcakes! Cook, eat, share, and enjoy!



Pumpkin Spice Ganace


8 oz chocolate (I recommend Ghirardelli 60% cacao chips)
1 cup heavy cream
1-2 t pumpkin pie spice

1. Heat cream and spices over medium heat until lightly bubbling. Remove from heat, pour over chocolate and cover for five minutes. Remove cover and whisk until well blended. Cover again, chill in fridge for forty five minutes. Beat with mixer just until light brown color and peaks are achieved, then spread over cupcakes with a knife or spatula!

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes


1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin (canned or roasted)
1 large banana, mashed
1 t vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare two muffin pans with liners.

2. Cream butter and sugar together with hand mixer or stand mixer until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, blend, and then add pumpkin and banana and continue to blend. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Add milk and mix until batter is smooth.

3. Fill baking cups 3/4 of the way and smooth out the tops, then bake for twenty minutes.

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment