Foodie Blogroll Ad Code

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recipe! Sour Cream Avocado Sriracha Dip

Remember how I wrote about not over-booking yourself? Looks like I aught to be taking my own advice! The last few weeks have been all kind of crazy, with family visiting, family near-emergencies, financial worries, starting a new job and leaving another, and forty hours of new-job training per week....and on top of it all, I've been fighting a pretty vicious cold....whew! I don't know about you, but I am pretty disinclined to cook anything when my sinuses are completely congested. I tried to make a sauce and I couldn't taste anything! It's discouraging to say the least.

In light of all that, posts have been a little sparse this month and for that I very much apologize. I've got some great recipes to share, too! So I decided to go ahead and share this week's recipes, even if I don't really have the time to write up my usual articles. Never fear! We will return to our regularly scheduled programming soon!

Today's recipe is another dip....a very delicious dip I came up with last week to go with tortilla chips and then later, a quesadilla (recipe to come!) This is a vegetarian (not vegan!) dip, and it's quite healthy. I imagine you could substitute Greek Yogurt for the light sour cream....might be worth a try next time! You cold also serve this with vegetables, pita, naan....whatever your favorite "dippers" happen to be.

I recommend using very ripe, soft avocados. Start with 1/2 t salt and sriracha and adjust from there! Enjoy!



Sour Cream Avocado Sriracha Dip

1/2 cup light sour cream
1 whole avocado
1/2 t garlic powder
Sriracha and salt to taste

Mix all ingredients well, adjust salt and sriracha to taste, serve with quesadillas, chips, veggies, or whatever you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment